In the moments this goes live, it will be just past 24 hours since we learned our cousin Dee was in a fatal accident. The shock has worn off a little, but what is left is how quickly it happened. In a moment, a heartbeat, a pause- Dee was here, and then he was gone.
it is also now my birthday. Normally, I'm full of reminders that Blake Lively and I are birthday twins. Dee’s passing has really put into perspective time, and our biggest lie- is that we have enough of it. Enough time to put something off. Enough time to say, “someday” But that is all a lie. So, on this birthday eve, I'm going to write a bucket list for the year. 27 things I want to do before my 28 birthday.
1. Be more like Dee- kind, compassionate. Listen fully. Do something I love every day.
2. Write a book
3. Hike into Delta Lake
4. Make Austin laugh every day
5. Create our wedding album
6. Break ground in Swan Valley
7. build a new website
8. Bake Cinnamon rolls
9. Meditate every day
10. See the hot air balloon event in Driggs
11. Host a get-together
12. Blog 2x a week
13. Leave a $100 tip
14. Use social media less than 15 minutes a day
15. Wake up an hour before Fitz
16. Run more than walk
18. HIke into Goldbug Hotsprings
20. Mindfully say "Thank You"
22. Practice yoga and be able to do a headstand
23. Confidently use my film camera and light meter
24. Watch the sunset behind the Tetons
25. Go fly fishing
26. Make family videos
27. Love every inch, pound, and part of me
photos by Casey James